Features of CellFighter
In contrast to the classical Game of Life, CellFighter:
- Allows to create two rival colonies of artificial life and to place various auxiliary objects (sources of life, stones, food and poison) into the game environment.
- Allows a player to add cells in real time (without stopping birth-and-death process), but this player possibility can be limited by restrictions of input.
- Gives power to change rules of birth and death that is greater than in other implementations of Conway's Life.
- Automatically ceases the birth-and-death process if an autostop condition defined by user is satisfied.
- Keeps detailed statistics and uses it to calculate a score according to adjustable score rules.
The purpose of the above innovations is to transform the Game of Life from an environment for various experiments into a genuine game with an active player and a clear goal. In addition, these features allow you to construct many various games: each game can have its own goal (score rules), condition of end (autostop condition), behavior of artificial life (rules of birth and death), player capabilities (restrictions of input) and game environment (extra types of cells). Each game can be provided with its own description which is available to read and edit.
- Adjustable colors and forms of cells.
- Import of patterns written in the most popular formats of Life files ("picture" and "point list").
- Copying the playing field to memory and restoring it from memory in one button press.
- Adjustable speed of the birth-and-death process.